CONNECT WITH ME



Monday, November 18, 2019

# MAIN/NON VEG

NETHILI MEEN KULAMBU / SMELT FISH CURRY WITH COCONUT


Nethili Meen Kulambu is traditional fish curry, that is made with a clay pot. With spices,tomato ,onions and coconut. Previously when I posted Nethili Meen fry, I mentioned I will post one of my moms recipe with this fish and here it is. 

Ingredients:

5-7 small size shallots 
2 green chilli 
15-20 fish 
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
2 garlic clove,chopped
1/2 inch ginger,chopped
1 small cinnamon stick 
2 cloves
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp poppy seeds(white or black)
4 curry leaves
1/4 cup shredded coconut
2 cups of water or as needed
cilantro to garnish

Method:

Wash and clean fish well. ( cut the head and clean) wash with some turmeric and salt. Set aside.
Place a pan on medium heat, add oil. Once oil is hot add cinnamon sticks, cloves and curry leaves.Cook util you get nice aroma.
Add chopped ginger, garlic,saute for 2-3 minutes, until raw aroma leaves.
Add shallots and chilli,cook until golden brown.
Add chopped tomato and cook for 7-10 minutes ,add 2 cups water and bring it to boil.
/center> Mean while in a food processor add coconut and poppy seeds with little water and make smooth paste.
Add the paste to tomato and cook for 10 minutes on medium-low. (add more water if needed as per the gravy consistency)
Once the coconut mixture comes to boil and thickens little add the fish that is marinating and cook for 5-8 minutes.(Don't overcook the fish as it cooks very fast)
Garnish with cilantro.serve with plain rice.

No comments:

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY



Hey guys,thank you for stopping by my blog.I hope you enjoyed visiting my space.If you like my content pls enter your email address for subscription and also please visit my you tube channel for more recipes and do not forget to subscribe.I will see you again soon.Xo

CONNECT WITH ME