CONNECT WITH ME



Thursday, June 29, 2017

# Appetizer # Non veg recipe

OVEN BAKED LAMB SEEKH KEBABS

                        Lamb Seekh Kebab
                     

Seekh Kebab is one of my favorites. Whenever I go to Indian restaurants I definitely make sure to order this without fail. (Though my visits to restaurants are fairly very less)
Seekh Kebab literally means kebab on a skewer. It’s made on outdoor grills using coals to add more flavors to it. It is winter here and I can’t imagine standing out to grill these beautiful kebabs, so I decided to grill it in my oven. (Yes, you heard it right, in my oven) I promise you, it’s going to better tasting kebabs then restaurant ones.




I want to give you heads up in advance about your fire alarm, as it may go off if you live in a small apartment with less ventilation. Make sure you have proper ventilation, keep the windows open.

 Quickly remove kebabs once it’s done and shut the oven door.

                                         STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES 


prepare all ingredients 

Add everything to ground lamb 

salt 

mix well to a ball

make small size ball

press into soaked skewers

place it in the oven rack directly with baking sheet below  to cook

ENJOY!
enjoy!





                      


Total time 30 minutes / prep time 10 minutes / cook time 20 minutes
                                         Ingredients

 1 pound minced lamb

1 large onion, finely chopped

1 tsp. ginger finely grated

1 tsp. garlic finely grated

1/3 cup mint and coriander leaves, finely chopped

1 tsp. cumin powder

1 tsp. chili powder

½ tsp. garam masala

Salt to taste

1 tsp. oil

6 skewers (for a big size kebabs)


                                                  METHOD :

In a large mixing bowl add lamb, onions, cumin, chili powder, salt, coriander leaves, mint leaves, garam masala, finely grated ginger and garlic. (You can use paste if you like) mix all well to combine. Refrigerate for an hour.

When ready to bake kebabs preheat oven for 425 degree F.

To grill lamb in the oven, place the rack in the upper third of the oven. Brush the rack with little oil to prevent sticking.

Remove lamb from refrigerator, make a big size ball and pierce through the skewers; now gently spread the meat on the skewers.

Place a large baking sheet at the bottom grill, so the oil and fat that drips from kebabs will be caught in the baking sheet.

Bake kebabs for 25 minutes or until cooked and browned. Carefully turn the kebabs once in between the cook time to evenly brown them. (Be careful when you turn/flip them, as the oven is too hot)

Remove lamb kebabs from oven gently slide the meat in the plate.

Serve hot with some raita.



No comments:

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY



Hey guys,thank you for stopping by my blog.I hope you enjoyed visiting my space.If you like my content pls enter your email address for subscription and also please visit my you tube channel for more recipes and do not forget to subscribe.I will see you again soon.Xo

CONNECT WITH ME